Tuesday, July 20, 2010

HELP!!!

In my desperate attempt to create a nice environment for my new fish tank, i neglected on doing research and went out and bought a 5 lb bag of gavel........in blue.....

When i came home and followed the instruction to "rinse" the gravel "thoroughly"...as indicated on the back of the bag....it came to my attention that the dye on the gravel turned my hand BLUE....

I've since...continuously washed the gravel and have been soaking them for 2 days as of now.

The blue dye is still there...and it comes off and shows up on the rubber gloves that i wear, when i scrub them.

I really don't want to waste away 7 dollars worth of gravel, but i also don't want the colour to leach out and kill my fish!

There's one post that i read that says the carbon in your power filter will take away the leached out dye on the gravel...but i continue to be very concern about this issue.

WHAT SHOULD I DO!?

there are a couple of sources that say boiling the gravel will work...0.o but others say to NEVER use hot water for you gravel.....@.@

WILL IT WORK~?:! SHOULD I TRY IT~?! HELLLLP~~~ T.T

No comments:

Post a Comment