Monday, July 26, 2010

THE PROBLEMS JUST NEVER GO AWAY!!

I was soo happy yesterday because of my two new goldfish...until i woke up this morning and found my aquarium MILKY CLOUDY!!!

I did some research, and found that it was normal for a new tank under 8 weeks to go through the whole cycle of establishing bacterial colonies and all that, but i just can't seem to stop WORRING!!

Coal and Tobiko seemed to be FINE when i left the house this morning, but i was worried enough and did just a 5-10% water change and added a couple drops of water conditioner. The guppies were also swimming around nicely too, so there shouldn't really be anything majorly wrong with them....at the moment.

My problem is not with the health conditions of the fish at the moment but rather the long term affects of the water condition on their weel-being.

Some people say that water clarifying treatments only have temporary afects on the water, and shouldn't really be used because they will disturbe the establishment of the bateria. I'm very undecided about whether to get carifying agents, because I would like to leave the water as it is and allow the water to cycle, but I'm also very worried about the conditions of the water and what it will do to the fish in the next couple of days.

...This is another one of those eeny meeny miney mow situations...
*sigh*

anyway..that's all for now.=(

No comments:

Post a Comment